Frequently Asked Questions
(and Common Concerns)
1. Where are you Located ?
Fitzgerald, Georgia we are 100 miles south of Macon, Georgia and 100 miles north of the Florida line (MAP) .
2. Do you have any Cockapoo Puppies Available?
Yes, Please visit our Available Puppies page to see what we have available.
3. Do you Delivery? Yes, We do accommodate our customers by meeting you up to 100 miles at no charge. We can meet you in Macon, Georgia, Waycross, Georgia, Lake Park, Georgia and we also meet at other location as well within 100 miles. For more information on our deliveries please go to our Delivery Options page.
4. It is hard to Train a Cockapoo?
No, You have to be very consistent with your training. Please visit our Care/Training page for resource information on Crate training and House training your Cockapoo Puppy.
5. What sizes will your cockapoo Puppies be fully grown?
We mostly breed Miniature Cockapoos they usually weigh between 13-18 lbs grown. We do have some that will weigh up to 25 lbs grown. For more information please go to our Cockapoo Sizes page.
6. Can we visit your home and meet the Moms, Dads and the Cockapoo Puppies?
Yes, We would love for you to come and meet our parents who produce our beautiful Cockapoo Puppies. Sometimes you just can't make it. For our friends who are too far away to stop in and visit, we wanted to share and show you how are puppies and our adult dogs live and how they are raised. Please visit Our Care Centerand let me show you. Puppy visits must be pre scheduled. For more information on visiting your cockapoo puppy please go to our Puppy Visit page.
7. Do Cockapoos Shed?
Cockapoos have little to no shedding. For people wanting a low to no odor, low shedding, highly intelligent pet that is easy to maintain the ideal dog is a Cockapoo.
8. What is the temperament of a Cockapoo?
Their temperament is loving, they are very intelligent and alert, yet with a sweet nature, they are famous for being wonderfully affectionate pets. Cockapoos have a sturdy build, are eager to please and easy to train, and non-destructive. Cockapoos are idea companion pets. They are very smart, loyal and mellow. For more information please visit our page About Cockapoos page.
9. Are Cockapoos good with children and other pets?
Yes, They are good with children of all ages and with other dogs and cats.
10. What are the prices of your Cockapoo Puppies?
For more information go to our Cockapoo Prices page.
11. Are Cockapoos registered?
Yes, They are registered with Continental Kennel Club.
12. Do you ship your Cockapoo Puppies?
No, The USDA passed some new laws on September 18, 2013 and the new regulations will go into effect on November 18, 2013.
Breeders can not sell puppies un-seen that is a nation wide law. We do have several delivery Options that might work for you. Please visit our Delivery Options page for more information.
13. Can I reserve one of your Cockapoo Puppies before they are born?
Yes, We do have a waiting list. For more information about getting on our waiting list please go to our Waiting List page.
14. Do you have some pictures of previous Cockapoo puppies that you have sold before?
Yes, We have some pictures on our Testimonies and Commet page. Please visit our Testimonies page to look at our beautiful Cockapoo Puppies that we have sold to Happy Cockapoo Families and we also have a new Photo Gallery page please take a look at our new Photo page..
15. I am concern about buying a puppy off of the Internet ,not knowing anything about you and if you are a good Cockapoo Breeder?
I know it is hard to fine a good breeder that is the reason I have so much information on my web site so you can tell what kind of breeders we are. We believe that it is important that you feel very comfortable with us as a breeder and the way we treat our Moms, Dads and Cockapoo Puppies. If you are still concerned, please fell free to contact me and share your concerns. I will do my best to help you make an educated decision about whether you want to work with us or not. I am confident that if you choose to buy your cockapoo puppy from us that you will be happy but it is important to me that you are comfortable and confident too. The way your puppy is treated before you take him or her home is very important. Please take the time to read our Testimonials and Commentsfrom our happy cockapoo families. Read what they have to say about us and our puppies.
16. When choosing a breeder look for one who does the following:
* Keeps his or her pets as part of the family.
*Allows you to meet and spend time with your puppy's parents, and allows
you to see where they spend most of their time if you want to.
Area is clean and well maintained.
*Doesn't sell puppies to young only when they are 7 to 71/2 weeks old.
*Can provide references from other families who have purchased puppies.
* Breeds dogs that are healthy and well socialized.
* Provides professional veterinary care for all their animals.
* Has a good relationship with a local veterinarian and can show you records of visits
for the puppy.
17. Are your adult dogs and puppies under the care of a good veterinarian?
Yes, Here at Sherry's Cockapoos we work closely with our vet to insure that all puppies are in excellent health to the best of our knowledge.
Go meet Our Vet Dr. Ashley Hill, D.V. M. 229-468-7343.
18. Are you a Licensed Breeder?
Yes, We are Licensed and inspected by the State of Georgia. We were just inspected by the State on December 8, 2015 and passed all requirements.
19. I would like more information about Cockapoos?
For more information, take a look at everything our site has to ofter on Cockapoos. Please visit our Cockapoo Information page and look at the information we have provide for you.
20. How do I reserve one of your Cockapoo Puppies?
There is a $200.00 non-refundable deposit for us to reserve a particular puppy for you. Puppies are reserved on a first come, first served basis. For more information please visit our Reserving A Cockapoo Puppy page.
21. What kind of Cockapoo Puppy Supplies do I need to purchase?
For the list of items go to my Cockapoo Puppy Supplies Page.
22. How do you care for your Cockapoo Puppies?
For more information, visit our Cockapoo Puppy Care page.
23. I would like more information about you?
We believe that it is important that you feel very comfortable with us as a breeder. Please visit our About Us page and our Testimonials and Comments for more information about us and links to more information about our cockapoos.
24. Can we come and visit your little ranch?
Yes, We love to have visitors but we know that sometimes you just can't make it. So if you live to far to visit our little ranch please check out all of our pages so you can see pictures of our nurseries and our care center so you can learn more about us.
25. What do I need to expect from my new puppy?
We have provide links about Puppy Behavior Basics, Puppy Chewing, Puppy Stages, House Training, Crate Training, Basic Health Care and about Your New Puppy.
Visit our Cockapoo Puppy Care page. Please browse the links that we have provide on our Cockapoo Puppy Care page for more great information about caring for your new puppy.
26. Do you Guarantee Your Puppies? Yes
27. Do Cockapoos require grooming?
Yes, Cockapoos need to be comb and brush regular bath and taken to a professional groomer when needed.
28. Why do you dock their tails and dewclaw your Cockapoos?
I dock my cockapoo puppies tails because it makes them have the same appearance as the cocker spaniels and poodles and for cleanliness. I dewclaw my puppies because they are born with a 5 nail and my vet removes the dewclaws and docks their tails.
29. Is Sherry's Cockapoos a hobby breeder or a puppy mill?
We are a hobby breeder some of our adult dogs we don't breed they are our family pets. We have raised all of our adult dogs from puppies and they will all stay here with us.
30. How often do you up date your pictures and video's?
We up date pictures every 2 weeks they are just like babies they change about every 2 weeks that way you can really see how they have grown. We take video's if we have have time it all depends on how many litters I have at one time.
31. What kind of Puppy Food to you feed your puppies?
We highly recommend feeding your puppy Purina pro plan chicken & rice brand it has everything your puppy needs to stay healthy.
You can purchase it at Tractor Supply click on this link to find a store close to you. www.tractorsupply.com
Be sure that your puppy food has this INGREDIENTS in it first Chicken or another meat first.
32. What kind of Food to you feed your Adult dogs?
We feed our adult dogs purina pro plan chicken & rice brand Chicken is the #1 ingredient.
Be sure that your dog food has this INGREDIENTS in it first Chicken or another meat first.
We have provide information on our site about frequent asked questions about our cockapoo puppies, cockapoos, cockapoo, cockapoos for sale, cockapoo puppies for sale, toy cockapoos, miniature cockapoos, cockapoo breeders, cockapoo colors, cockapoo sizes, cockapoo waiting list procedures, shipping and delivery your cockapoo puppy, cockapoo puppy supplies that you will need for your new puppy, how to train and care for your new cockapoo puppy, testimonies and comments from our happy cockapoo families and frequently asked questions and common concerns about cockapoos.